Stay on track with your Resolution Meal Plan and eat a delicious dinner with this enchilada recipe.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 cup chopped poblano chile
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 cup unsalted chicken stock
1 tablespoon pureed canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
2 (8-ounce) cans unsalted tomato sauce
3 cups shredded cooked skinless chicken breast
1 (15.5-ounce) can unsalted black beans, rinsed and drained
4 ounces shredded fat-free cheddar cheese (about 1 cup)
4 ounces shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup)
16 (6-inch) Ezekiel tortillas
1 cup prepared salsa
1/2 cup plain Oikos Triple zero greek yogurt
Fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, poblano, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until onion and poblano are tender. Stir in chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Add stock, chipotles, and tomato sauce, and bring to a gentle simmer; cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
3. Combine chicken and black beans in a medium bowl; add half of the sauce mixture. Combine cheeses in a bowl; add 1/2 cup cheese mixture to chicken mixture. Toss to combine.
4. Place 8 tortillas on a microwave-safe plate; cover with a slightly damp paper towel. Microwave at HIGH for 45 seconds or until warm. Working with 1 tortilla at a time, place a tortilla on a flat work surface; spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture onto 1 end of the tortilla. Roll up, jelly-roll style. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas, heating up the second batch of tortillas when the first batch is used up. Arrange enchiladas, seam side down, in prepared dish.
5. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas; sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted and golden brown. Serve enchiladas with salsa, yogurt, and cilantro, if desired.